Thursday, June 14, 2012

Being hurt sucks!

Ugh! I'm hurt again!  Maybe its my theme for 2012 to be laid up or hobbling around on crutches all year??

I was playing football on Tuesday, and I've been dealing with Plantar Fasciatus all year...I've taken every suggestion I've been given, I stretch it, wear a stupid dorsi-flex sock at night, have insoles in my sport shoes, wear expensive sandals with arch support, all that stuff!  And actually it was feeling pretty good!

So in my game, I was overthrown a ball (I play QB) so I ran back to get it.  As I was picking it up, the rusher decided to slide into me cleating and totally ripping up my right shin.  Great.  And of course the refs don't think that a rusher sliding into the quarterback's shins with her cleats is roughing the QB for some unforeseen reason...whatever.

So I'm a little banged up, but still playing, all is good.  Well I guess I was over compensating on my left side for my newly chewed up right leg so one play when I beat the rusher, I go to sprint, take about 4 strides and POP!  Something pops in my heel.

Of course I'm more mad that the ref has called the tag like 10 yards back of where I actually got tagged that I don't realize that maybe I can't walk.  I take a step...ooh.  yep, can't walk.  So I hop/walk off the field.

Luckily its the end of the game, we won which was great but it wasn't our best win and I'm hurt so I drink my beer with a little less jubilant than usual.

Next day.  Can't walk. Not even a little bit.  So I'm laid up on the couch with my foot over my head keeping ice on it every once in a while and feeling sorry for myself.

Day 2.  Can walk but I look like I have a peg leg...but at least I'm getting around!  I go to see my friend Shan who is my physio and she fixes me up a bit.  Says I probably sprained the ligament that attaches to the bottom of my heel...but at least I don't need surgery or anything stupid like that! yay!  So now to physio for the next few days so I can play on Tuesday. hahahaha.

I may be getting older, but I'm as stubborn as ever.

1 comment:

  1. That sucks. I've had those heel/ankle problems in the past, and am afraid that the next time it happens, I'll never walk again. Be careful!!

    The thought of your foot above your head is sort of exciting though... ;-)

    ReplyDelete