Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Since I've been home...

My training was an amazing yet trying experience. I learnt so much about myself and felt like I had made some real progress in many of the 'issues' that I had been dealing with.  Not only did I leave with the confidence to teach the whole moksha sequence, I learned to like myself again.

Now I know that sounds kind of cliche', how does one learn to like or love themselves right?  Well, I realized that there were a lot of things that I was holding onto that were causing me pain.  Things like keeping exes as friends on facebook or blaming myself for things that I could not really control.  And these things were holding me back from enjoying the current moment cause I didn't think I deserved to be happy.

So I deleted and removed anyone and anything that I considered 'poisonous' to me, things that made me feel sad when I looked or thought about them.  It was kind of scary at first, I felt like I was being a bad person or a quitter for letting them go...but then once I did it was like a huge weight was lifted and I was free.  I continued to go through my training on what was almost like a high of happiness and empowerment... And I was hoping it would last.

Its been a month now since I have been home from training and this month has been anything but easy for me.  I have had a lot of physical ailments hit me since coming home, the first one was plantar fasciatus which kicked in during my last week of training and got worse when I got home.

I then found out that I had a staph infection in my left foot and lucky for me I got it treated before it spread into anything too serious.

I then developed a cold which I have had for the last 3 weeks, the darn thing won't go away!

And then the icing on the cake, I was cleaning the deep frier when all of a sudden the vessel carrying the grease suddenly burst pouring hot oil all over my feet. I tried to get out of the kitchen as fast as I could but I definitely got some burns.  2nd degree burns.  All over the toes of my left foot and hitting a couple toes and the arch of my right.  This pain was worse than the time I broke my leg or the time I blew my ACL.  Its been 4 days now and the pain is still significant in my left foot.

So hopefully when I am all healed up, I will be able to do all the things I've been wanting and dreaming of doing while I've been sidelined with all these illnesses and injuries.  In the meantime, all I can do is suck it up and carry on.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. The picture didn't load the last time I was here. That looks painful indeed! At least the toenails look good! :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, nasty eh? The skin has since fallen off so it looks like I have zombie feet. The toe nails are still as beautiful as ever though! Good thing I got the pedicure before I had the hot oil treatment! lol

    ReplyDelete